COVID-19 Family Fact Sheet
Have you lost your job or work hours been reduced?
If you have lost your job, your work hours have been reduced, or your place of work has closed you may qualify for unemployment insurance. Please visit the following websites for more information: https://myunemployment.nj.gov/
Has your job been impacted?
New Jersey has among the most comprehensive Earned Sick Leave, Temporary Disability, and Family Leave Insurance laws in the country, which cover all employees – full-time, part-time, temporary and seasonal. Please visit the following websites for more information: https://www.nj.gov/labor/worker-protections/earnedsick/covid.shtml
COVID-19 Scenarios & Benefits Flier from the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
If you need food or financial assistance
If you and/or your family are in need of food or financial assistance, you may be eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), and/or General Assistance (GA): https://www.njhelps.org/
If you need help paying home energy bills
The Home Energy Assistance Program helps very low-income residents with their heating and cooling bills, and makes provisions for emergency heating system services and emergency fuel assistance within the Home Energy Assistance Program: https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dhcr/offices/hea.html
If you need help paying the rent
The State Rental Assistance Program provides rental assistance grants. To get more information and determine your eligibility, visit: https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dhcr/offices/srap.html
If you are a person with a disability and need legal help
The Community Health Law Project provides legal assistance. To get more information and determine your eligibility, visit: flyer in English, flyer in Spanish
Health & Well Being
Health and Social Services in Monmouth County
Conectando a los residentes del condado de Monmouth con Servicios sociales y de Salud
Instruction for Kids
Download PDF in Spanish
Download JPG in Spanish
If you are caring for family members with special needs
The New Jersey Department of Human Services has guidance for individuals and families caring for people with developmental disabilities:
How to protect yourself
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has the most up-to-date information on protecting yourself from COVID-19:
If you think you are sick
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has the most up-to-date information as to what to do if you think you are sick:
If you need your local health department visit: www.localhealth.nj.gov
If you need health insurance
NJ FamilyCare is New Jersey’s publicly funded health insurance program. It includes CHIP, Medicaid and Medicaid expansion populations. That means qualified NJ residents of any age may be eligible for free or low cost health insurance that covers doctor visits, prescriptions, vision, dental care, mental health and substance use services and even hospitalization. https://www.njhelps.org/
If you are anxious or stressed
Coping with stress during infectious disease outbreaks can cause anxiety and stress. These guidelines can help: https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/sma14-4885.pdf
If you need access to mental health professionals
NJMentalHealthCares is New Jersey’s behavioral health information and referral service. To get help now, call 866-202-HELP (4357) or visit:
Food Banks & Feeding Sites
The following links may be helpful resources for food banks and feeding sites, as well as, information about SNAP and WIC for Spanish-speaking families.
3. More information on SNAP and WIC during COVID-19 for Spanish speaking families.
- FCC agreement 2 stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response 1: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
Live COVID-19 Updates
If you want updates on COVID-19 from the State of New Jersey
For updates on COVID-19 in New Jersey, text NJCOVID to 898-211. For live text assistance, text your zip code to 898-211. You can also visit:
To see the New Jersey Department of Health’s COVID-19 Online Dashboard, visit:
More information on the Coronavirus can be found at: https://www.njccc.org/coronavirus